Are you a retailer that is looking for solutions for employee, frontiernews theft and shop lifting? Good news, there are simple solutions that will help you with the problem.
Theft is rampant in today’s workplace. Employee theft statistics show that employee theft happens more often than shop lifting. I was in retail for 20 years and found it astounding at how many employees felt they were entitled to take whatever office supplies they needed. In essence, localletter that’s theft, no doubt about it. It could be something as basic as someone walking away with a stapler or taking a personal item you left in your desk, or the cleaning crew going through the office drawers after work hours.
Or as blatant as this true story. When I was working at Sears years ago, a Manager was caught because he was pulling up a truck to the back door after hours two or three times a week and loading appliances into it. When he was arrested, they found several storage buildings, newspoke filled with stolen merchandise he was selling in the second hand market. If there had been a camera placed at the exit door, he would have been caught right away. Instead, this went on for several months.
Another instance I recall is when I was working on the fourth floor of a department store in the furniture department. A shopper took a very large picture, topicals off the wall and took the escalator 4 floors down. I’ll never know why he thought he could get away with it. But sadly, he did. That being said, doesn’t it make sense to have a hidden camera in the workplace to keep an eye on things when you can’t?
Unfortunately, retailers tend to think that just because they have a security system in place their problems will disappear. That’s not always true. But it certainly give you the satisfaction of knowing you have evidence in case something does happen.
Common Reasons For a Hidden Spy Camera?
- When something happens, videos are considered evidence.
- If placed on the cash register, you can, tbadaily determine what items are purchased, how much money is received and the change given to the customer.
- It will save businesses a lot of money lost by employee theft.
- If employees know that there are cameras (some employers choose to tell them), they are far less likely to steal anything.
- Something that people don’t like to talk about is sexual harassment at work. If an employer suspects that is going on in the workplace, doesn’t it must make sense, kulfiy to make sure it’s caught on tape. Essentially, it protects the employee if something happens.
Where To Place a Hidden Camera:
- Near the cash register
- Place in public areas to monitor customer service
- Near the Restroom Doors
- In Dressing Rooms
Margins in the business world are tight and it pays to use every available option to protect your business. All things considered, employees work for you and knowing what’s going on helps build a better business for your customers, yourself and your employees.
Safety isn’t expensive, it’s Priceless!
Lawanna Bean is passionate about marketing products that will help people stay safe. The products she found are top quality and competitively priced. A canister of mace or Pepper Spray costs under $10.00. Personal safety for you and your family should be your No. 1 priority!